Cruz Alexander Boyd

A Father's Day Gift

A Father's Day Gift
Cruz Alexander Boyd 1 pound, 13.3 ounces, 14 and 1/2 inches long, born at 4:42 p.m.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sunday, June 20, 2010....Father's Day



Well, I will give you an overview of the events leading up to this day. Chris and I found out were were expecting in January and were a little suprised because we really didn't think we would be able to concieve so easily due to the fact that I am 37. Turns out it wasn't that hard. We were excited but nervous because of all the risks that go along with a pregnancy after age 35. We thought it would be good to keep it quiet until we got past 12 weeks. At 10 weeks I began to bleed and thought the worst. I went to the Dr. and they said I had a subchorionic hemmorage and it will resolve itself ...or not. The baby was fine and the bleed resolved after about 2 weeks. What I didn't know at the time is that women with this type of problem are at risk for developing chorioamnionitis (I did) and preterm labor (I did)or stillbirth. So, off and on throughout my short pregnancy I felt bad and just blamed it on being a little older and being very busy all the time. Finally, on Saturday, June 19, 2010 I began to feel a little more tired than usual and laid on the couch most of the evening. My back hurt. When I went to bed my back still hurt and I awoke in the middle of the night with chills and sweats. I thought, "Well, I am getting sick." Sunday morning I still felt bad and I told Chris that I was sick. He took my temp.....100.5. I laid on the couch as he called the Dr. and tried to feed our other children. Just after he spoke to the Dr. very hard contractions started up suddenly. I managed to get to the bathroom where I discovered a little blood. Then everything just happened so fast. We headed to the hospital and when we got there I was in hard labor. They tried to stop it with drugs, but the baby was coming ( the infection was what caused the labor). Vaginal delivery was attempted , but then the baby's hand got in the way and we had to do an emergency c-section. Very scary for me. After a few minutes the baby was out and off to the NICU he went. At the time I had no idea how serious it was for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment