Cruz Alexander Boyd

A Father's Day Gift

A Father's Day Gift
Cruz Alexander Boyd 1 pound, 13.3 ounces, 14 and 1/2 inches long, born at 4:42 p.m.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 21, 2010

I briefly saw Cruz the day he was born. I was on medication and really don't remember alot, but I awoke Monday and thought everything was o.k. Chris explained to me that he was critical but alive. He took me to the NICU to see him and that was when I realized just how serious it was. So many wires, meds, and a very tiny bruised baby. I was at a loss. I was trying to understand what was happening and process all of the information. Monday was still fuzzy...so many visitors and I was tired,hurting and stressed. As soon as I saw Cruz I noticed he had his daddy's leggs, lips and hair. I could not see his face because he had to wear a mask to protect his eyes fro the billi light. In spite of it all you did smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment